Monday, January 12, 2009

A Teaching Testament

  • I am here to turn teenagers into professionals. Not just to teach and conduct coursework.
  • I am here to influence lives, not just to transmit fact and figures just to pass UPSR, PMR, SPM and STPM.
  • I am here to ask and encourage questions, not just to give answers for the homework and exams.
  • I am here to motivate student's interest in the subject, not just to cover the syllabus.
  • I am here to understand the student's learning problems, not just to evaluate their performance.
  • I am here to encourage students to take personal responsibility for their own learning not just to call for active class participation and doing of homework.
  • I am here to facilitate group discussions and synergy not just to share my knowledge, skills and experiences.
  • I am here to provided opportunities for personal reflections, deep learning and applications not just to give out handouts notes and projects assignments.
  • I am here to invite students to discover new learning experiences not just to call out names and take their attendances.
  • I am here to be a mentor, friend and guide, a role model, a coach and their cheerleader.
  • I am here because I want to touch young lives, expand their horizons, their spirits and deepen their values.
  • I do this so as to build a better society, a better world for all of us.
  • I am here because the opportunity is NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment